Martin Smith, Managing Director at Talent Drive, shares his views on recruiting in the procurement and supply chain space, the direction he sees the profession heading, and the misconceptions people have about the industry.
In this episode, Martin and host Simon Lipscomb discuss:
- What variety of work can a career in procurement offer?
- Does procurement need to modernise how it sells itself as a profession?
- How important are the ESG and social value agendas for attracting young talent?
- How will AI capability change the procurement skillset of the future?
- The importance of diverse category area and industry sector experience for building a procurement career.
- Are procurement professionals entrepreneurial enough?
Listen to the podcast below: