Darren Knowd MBA, (Durham) MCIPS, Head of Procurement, Sales and Business Services at Durham County Council, discusses procurement at a local government level and the importance of social value.
In this episode, Darren and host Simon Lipscomb discuss:
- How Darren came into the world of local government, and what drives his passion for public procurement
- Social value – in particular, how Durham Council has used procurement to make a positive impact on the local community
- The upcoming procurement reform bill and its potential to create a more competitive, flexible, and innovative public procurement process
- What prompted Darren to make the decision to retire towards the end of the year
- His lesson on the importance of understanding your customer or end-user
Listen to the podcast below: