Toby has over 20 years' of experience in operations consulting with a focus on procurement and supply chain optimisation. At Efficio, Toby is responsible for leading the Financial services and Infrastructure sectors, supporting our clients to deliver significant value to the bottom line of their business.
Main areas of practice
Toby works with clients across all aspects of procurement from Sourcing Delivery, Supplier Relationship Management and Value Delivery through to people development, coaching and organisational improvement.
Toby has a BSc in Business Studies with Statistics from the University of Hertfordshire. Prior to joining Efficio, Toby worked with PwC for four years and held a number of commercial buying roles for UK and international retailers including Tesco and Whittard of Chelsea.
Toby is a native English speaker and also possesses conversational French.
In recent years, Toby has worked extensively with global Financial Services companies and Utilities and Infrastructure companies, helping transform their ability to capture value from procurement.
- Procurement Transformation – global bank: Delivered a step change in procurement which contributed a significant amount towards a global cost reduction programme
- Procurement Programme – global insurance company: Responsible for a programme to identify and deliver sourcing and cost reduction across a number of indirect spend areas in the UK and Ireland as well as delivering cost optimisation in their claims and indemnity spend
- Local Content Development – Middle Eastern government: Advised a central government body on the tools and instruments that could be introduced to support the aim of increasing the level of local content within their key industries
- Procurement and Commercial Services – rail network: Working with Network Rail across a number of areas in Track, Signalling, CP5 Central Programme, Footbridges and Contingent Labour, the programme included Sourcing, Supplier Management, pre and post Contract Management, cost auditing and training of NR teams in commercial and procurement teams
- Managed Procurement Service – water: a five year Managed Procurement Service contract focused on sourcing of all spend, both direct and indirect, for a UK water utility company
- Procurement Transformation – waste services: Working across all Opex and Capex categories across a waste management company ranging from energy production through to indirect materials. The programme included procurement training and skills development
- Procurement Transformation – UK financial services: Client and consulting teams were managed through a wave of Strategic Sourcing work focused on delivering £100m savings. The programme included coaching of purchasing teams and the development of processes to transform the overall Procurement operation
Toby leads the Efficio CPO Club, a networking group of leading procurement executives who share insight and learnings from their industries.
Get in touch
Toby is a strong team player – as evidenced in his professional life – and regularly plays for Southgate Hockey Club. He is also a keen traveller who can often be found at his holiday home in France, while his love of food makes him the perfect source for restaurant recommendations – Toby claims to know every eatery in London!