Rumit is an experienced Principal and a senior member of the leadership team responsible for building Efficio’s business in the Middle East.
Main areas of practice
Rumit has over 13 years' international and multi-industry experience in procurement transformation, strategic sourcing and local content development. Rumit has extensive expertise in supporting clients meet their business plans by realising both immediate short-term benefits (via accelerated sourcing, interim support, quick wins and aggressive cost management) and more strategic long-term improvements (via strategic sourcing, target operating model design, managed services, transformation programme and capability building).
After working with Efficio in Europe for almost 10 years, Rumit joined the UAE leadership team in 2017 to deliver Efficio’s growth strategy and expand operations in the region.
With over 13 years’ experience in procurement consulting, and one year in IT, Rumit holds a Master’s in European Business from ESCP Europe Business School, London, and a Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics and Instrumentation) from the Institute of Technology & Management, Delhi. He is fluent in English and Hindi, and intends to learn Arabic.
Rumit has a track record of designing and delivering successful transformations across a range of large organisations and SMEs. His current clients include blue-chip organisations in the region across a number of industries.
- Opportunity assessment and Procurement transformation – Largest IT outsourcing company in MENA: Designed and delivered procurement transformation programme focussed on embedding the Target Operating Model (Strategy, Organisation, Core capabilities and Enablers) and delivering double digit saving enabled by dynamic procurement planning.
- Managed Procurement Service – Greenfield giga-project in MENA: Retained multi-year partnership for establishing a robust supply chain via strategic sourcing of large packages of work.
- Demand management – Leading commercial and retail bank in UK: Designed and implemented an aggressive cost management approach to support the business in a turnaround situation, following its “separation” from the group.
- Managed Procurement Service – Leading bio-pharmaceutical product manufacturer in UK: Led the programme providing a fit-for-purpose procurement function for 18 months. Delivered sustainable and speedy saving through focussed sourcing & SRM, and supported client in establishing an “end-to-end category management” focussed organisation.
- Procurement training and coaching – Leading UK hospital group: Led end-to-end category management training for the procurement staff followed by 1-2-1 coaching with selected category managers for three months.
- Procurement opportunity assessment – Leading global technical service provider: Led the procurement assessment in over 25 countries that led to a global training & coaching programme to embed best-in-class sourcing practices in the highly de-centralised business.
Get in touch
Rumit enjoys trying his hand at new sports, the latest being squash, which he now enjoys with friends and colleagues, and the next will be golf!
Rumit has a passion for travelling to new countries and moving to the UAE has made it easier to explore many new ones.