Philippe is an international procurement executive with nearly 20 years’ experience in diverse strategic procurement and innovation roles for several technology-oriented and engineering companies. He has extensive experience leading transformation programmes, design-to-value (DtV) projects and category optimisation waves in high-tech and telecoms, manufacturing and industrial sectors.
Prior to joining Efficio, Philippe worked at Danfoss as senior director of digital procurement and senior director, mechanics sourcing leading a team of 30 professionals across the US, Europe, India and China. Before this, he held the role of engagement manager and purchasing expert at McKinsey and various sourcing director roles at Nokia.
Philippe holds an MBA from IMD business school, an MScEng from Ecole Centrale Paris and a MSc in Physics from the University of Versailles.
A French and Danish citizen, Philippe has lived in Switzerland, Finland and, since 2007, Denmark. He speaks French, English and Danish.
Among some of the projects Philippe has successfully managed are:
- Conducting a global DtV programme for a pump manufacturer, providing 10-30% savings per product teardown, and training DtV experts to ensure sustainability.
- Leading a purchasing transformation for a leading packaging company resulting in 9% savings across direct and indirect spend. Led the diagnostic phase, designed the transformation programme and training modules, then ran the first wave.
- Optimising eight direct categories for a leading manufacturer of power generation equipment, decreasing costs by 14% through e-auctions, supplier negotiations and insourcing, while generating DtV ideas worth 35-40%.
- Reviewing a global chemical company’s procurement organisation for direct and indirect spend, resulting in a 34% decrease in cost to serve, holding discussions with internal stakeholders, assessingemployee efficiency, updating category segmentation and revisiting the organisation’s footprint.
- Developing a comprehensive procurement strategy for an industrial and engineering company with spend of €3bn.
Get in touch
Outside of work, Philippe enjoys spending time with his wife and three children and running.