Jose has been with Efficio since 2011, accumulating over 15 years of experience in procurement transformation as well as broader restructuring.
He has significant expertise leading large procurement transformation engagements addressing both direct and indirect categories in varied industries such as banking, insurance, raw materials, engineering products and software. Jose is a co-author of the book PROFIT FROM PROCUREMENT published in 2021 by Wiley.
- Turned around over 70% of third party spend over 18 months for a leading global software player – reducing costs by more than 3 percentage points of revenue
- Addressed 80% of spend for a North American property & casualty insurance player – reducing over $37m in indemnity and operating costs
- Ran a global sourcing programme for a high-tech engineering company, reduceing the directs cost base by 14%
- Supported a distressed bank redesign and established a new supply base, turning over 800+ contracts and $700m after a rapid divestment
- Redesiged and rebuilt a procurement organisation, executing a multi-wave sourcing programme, addressing number of direct and indirect categories and conducting working capital improvement programmes to extending supplier payment terms
Prior to Efficio, Jose worked at AT Kearney as a manager and attended Universidade Catolica Portuguesa where he studied Business & Economics.
A Portuguese national, Jose speaks: English, Portuguese, Spanish, German and French.
Get in touch
Jose was a professional cellist, playing for several years in an orchestra and a popular music group. He loves rough open-sea sailing in his windy home town of Cascais, Portugal.