Edmund has 12 years of industry experience, having supported clients in a wide variety of sectors in the Middle East, Europe and the USA. He drives delivery for clients with a focus on procurement transformation and strategic sourcing programmes.
Main areas of practice
Edmund has extensive experience the delivery of strategic sourcing programmes. He has also played a major role in developing Efficio’s procurement operating model and process optimisation offering.
Edmund has been with Efficio for over 5 years. His previous roles developed his diverse expertise in procurement consulting, operational process improvement, and business transformation. He holds a master’s degree from the University of Oxford.
In the MENA region, Edmund has supported clients in the energy, strategic investment, mineral extraction and technology industries. His previous experience within other sectors includes financial services, industrial manufacturing, life sciences, consumer goods and retail.
- Major investment company (UAE) - Led a review of the client’s procurement processes and policies to identify opportunities, recommend short- and medium-term improvements, and prepare a new staff Procedures Manual
- IT services company (Saudi Arabia) - Led a team delivering multi-million-dollar savings through strategic sourcing, alongside taking personal responsibility for the design of a new Procurement Operating Model (organisational structure, processes, policies, training and systems)
- Biopharma company (UK) - Led a review of indirect spend, including Logistics (30% savings), Marketing (10% savings), Clinical Trials (large savings on one-off projects, plus implementation of a new sourcing process for future studies)
- Industrial equipment manufacturer (USA) - Led global strategic sourcing activities for industrial components, realising benefits through leveraging post-acquisition synergies across USA/EMEA/APAC. Delivered client training on areas including tender launch process and contract negotiations
- Top-10 UK retailer (UK) - Addressed the client’s Marketing expenditure; areas of focus were 3rd-party advertising production, creative agencies (15% savings), and audiovisual equipment for corporate events (15% savings)
- Global FMCG company (UK) - Managed 4 procurement categories: Couriers (20% savings); Travel and Expenses (15% savings); Laboratory Testing Services (40% savings); and Utilities (project-managing a 3rd-party provider)
- Large retail bank (UK) - Client was being divested from a larger group; negotiated and drafted new contracts with IT and Marketing suppliers to ensure that robust and compliant agreements were put in place while minimising commercial risk
Get in touch
Edmund takes a keen professional interest in the end-to-end procurement process, and in ensuring that value is not lost through neglecting areas outside of traditional sourcing. He is a strong advocate for the value that procurement can add when it is developed as a strategic function and enabler for other business units and end users.