David has been with Efficio since 2015 and currently oversees the high-quality delivery of our services and strategic growth in the Middle East.
Main areas of practice
David works with government and private sector clients in the region to identify and manage key risks and opportunities across the supply chain. In recent years, his expertise in local content development through procurement has established Efficio as the leading subject matter expert in the region.
He also has extensive experience in procurement organisation, process, policy and best practices; and leadership, development and transformation of supply chain operations in developing geographies.
David has over 27 years’ experience in end-to-end Supply Chain Management and has held a range of regional and global leadership roles across the oil and gas, FMCG and industrial sectors, including as the Global Supply Chain Leader at Tullow Oil plc. He has also held consulting roles with PWC/IBM in the UK and South Africa.
David attended Ulster University, where he studied Business Studies with Distribution and gained a BSc (Hons) Transport Engineering. He became a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in 2003 and is a member of CIPS and the Institute of Directors.
An Irish national, David speaks English but is working hard to learn Arabic.
- Government of Saudi Arabia: Review of “post-Oil” Procurement Efficiency – identifying changes that would deliver over £100 bn of efficiencies and over 500,000 jobs for Saudi Nationals. OA conducted across 20 leading KSA companies and 10 main ministries. New laws passed by parliament and currently being implemented.
- Mining company: Procurement Effectiveness review of KSA monopoly mining corporation
- IT Consultancy: Procurement Effectiveness review of Govt of KSA strategic Consultancy Organization
- Oil & Gas: led the successful design & delivery of contracting strategies for the TEN field in Ghana. This multi billion dollar Oil field development had significant Local Content obligations and commitments to ensure continued long term participation of local companies in the Oil industry
- Management Consulting: Practice leader – Supply Chain, Oil & Gas & Retail
Get in touch
Given David’s background in logistics, he has a broad range of interests in transport and travel, resulting in him gaining licences in more than 14 categories of vehicles including light aircraft, boats, rescue and recovery vehicles, heavy and light goods vehicles and buses, as well as more traditional cars and motorbikes.