Ali joined Efficio in 2016 from a leading global management consulting firm with extensive cross-sector experience delivering digital procurement, cost reduction and supply chain improvement projects in the UK, UAE and Saudi Arabia.
Main areas of practice
At Efficio, he focusses on delivering supply chain localisation programmes for industry-leading companies within Saudi Arabia. Ali has previously delivered multiple strategic sourcing projects and digital procurement solutions to clients in government, financial services, IT and telecommunications.
Holding a master’s in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Imperial College London, Ali embarked on roles with UK Power Networks and Deloitte before joining Efficio in 2016.
- Procurement Opportunity Assessment & Operating Model Design – UAE Investment Company: Conducted assessment of procurement strategy and operational effectiveness to design optimised target operating model underpinned by category and supplier lifecycle management.
- Local Content Development – KSA Telecoms Service Provider: Developed Local Content strategy and long-term programme to increase in-country contribution by SAR 5bn. Implemented strategic initiatives through pilot projects and strategic supplier development with leading global tech vendors.
- Strategic Sourcing – KSA Public Sector IT: Developed and delivered multiple IT & Telecoms sourcing strategies, with £3.4m (12%) annual savings. Implemented new sourcing processes for infrastructure, hardware and software renewals.
- Opportunity Assessment – KSA Public Sector IT: Identified improvement areas and financial benefits from in depth IT spend analysis, contracts review, and supplier/client interviews. Identified multiple opportunities for saving through spec alignment, volume leverage and supply base restructuring.
- IT Sourcing – Leading Nordic Insurer: Developed IT application development and maintenance services sourcing strategy and ran short-term competitive tenders for buying software, project delivery, consulting services and support/maintenance.
- Customer Data Strategy – Tier 1 Global Bank: Delivered software tool implementation project to improve customer data quality: accuracy, completeness and validity. Rolled out implementation programme and process to remediate customer data across 83 countries and 3 lines of business.
- Public sector
- Financial services