Simon Lipscomb, Sales and Marketing Director at Efficio, speaks to Rob Woodstock, Chief Commercial Officer at HMRC on issues connected to diversity and inclusion, with a specific focus on race. In this podcast, Rob shares his inspiring story and discusses his journey from growing up as a child of an immigrant family on a council estate, to the senior position he holds today.
- The pressure to fit in and the impact of code-switching
- The difference between not being racist and being anti-racist
- The importance of mentors and the power of self-belief
- Why it’s important to proactively discuss race and inequality
- How to create more success stories and the collective responsibility we hold to be advocates
Listen to the podcast below