- Vice President
- Contact Tim Von Der Decken
Tim joined Efficio in 2006 and is the lead driver of client business in Germany. He not only achieves large savings for companies, but ensures savings are sustainable and embedded in the organization by negotiating on ‘total cost’ rather than just price – thereby addressing expenditure on a holistic, strategic basis.
Main areas of practice
Tim has particular experience in driving pan-European and global Procurement and Cost Optimization programs. Areas of expertise include Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Process Improvement, Strategic Cost Reduction and Procurement Transformation.
Tim graduated from the Leipzig Graduate School of Management (HHL) as a “Diplom Kaufmann” and started his management career when he joined Booz Allen Hamilton in 1999. He is fluent in English, German and French.
Tim works with companies in the Insurance, Utilities, Finance, Retail, Wholesale, Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing, and Media and Entertainment industries.
Main areas of expertise
- Logistics Network optimization – leading German car part distributor: Managed large-scale Logistics and Warehouse Optimization Program and delivered 28% savings across identified spend
- Strategic Sourcing – European forklift truck manufacturer: Managed pan-European Strategic Sourcing engagement addressing eight spend categories with annual spend in excess of €200 million
- Supply Chain Improvement – leading toys manufacturer: Conducted an assessment over the entire supply chain from product design to final client delivery for a leading plush toys manufacturer. Identified significant performance improvement opportunities including negotiations with Chinese manufacturers to deliver 20% cost improvement
- Outsourcing customer service – leading mail order business: Managed team detailing client demand requirements, preparing RFQs and conducting multi-step vendor selection process to achieve 15% total cost savings