- Contact Mert Erkan
Since 2012, Mert has played a key role in executing Efficio’s international growth strategy by working closely with our management team.
As one of our Private Equity and M&A leads, he manages several of our strategic client partnerships. He has extensive expertise leading large procurement transformation engagements, addressing both direct and indirect categories in a variety of industries, including payments, insurance, banking, technology, healthcare, infrastructure, and manufacturing.
Mert has been with Efficio since 2012, accumulating more than 13 years of experience in procurement transformation, as well as broader business strategy, M&A, and restructuring.
Prior to Efficio, Mert worked at Rothschild Investment Bank and Deloitte Consulting, and he holds a master’s degree in management from University of Warwick.
- Oversight of a key private equity partner, in addition to running numerous due diligences, opportunity assessments, and procurement transformation programs and cross portfolio actvities
- Managed a three-way merger integration program for a leading payments company, delivering €40m in synergy benefits while implementing the new target operating model and redesigning the entire procurement function
- Led the merger between two healthcare-tech companies in the US, delivering $30m EBITDA improvement for which procurement/supply chain has been the synergy champion in terms of benefits and speed to achieve
- Addressed 80% of spend for a European insurance firm, reducing more than €52m in indemnity and operating costs
- Led our Digital & Analytics business and companywide transformation efforts with focus on improving our capabilities and winning over some long term clients
- Performed a comprehensive procurement due diligence for an insurance firm acquisition which represented 42% of the total M&A synergies; the outcome has been used by its legal advisors to receive competition authority approval
- Managed our 5-year partnership with a key account; built a new procurement team while exceeding the savings targets across the direct, IT and indirect spend categories
- Led a large scale railway electrification program within six different regions for a 5-year contract (spend £2bn, savings 16%) by engaging more than 30 stakeholders
- Trained and coached more than 200 procurement / supply chain professionals globally