With over 10 years’ experience in consulting, Fabian works across four continents leading transformation programs in a number of industries, with a particular focus on technology.
Main areas of practice
Fabian’s principal strengths lie in Opportunity Assessments, Strategic Sourcing, Procurement Transformation and Organisational Improvement.
Fabian is Efficio’s US leader for Technology, heading the US Knowledge function.
Fabian has a PhD in Theoretical Physics (specialising in Quantum Computing) from the Delft University of Technology, and a MSc from the University of Basel.
Fabian joined Efficio in 2013 from the Boston Consulting Group’s Amsterdam Office. Being a of dual Swiss-Hungarian heritage, he is fluent in English, French, and Spanish (beyond German and Hungarian) and has a working knowledge of Portuguese.
Fabian’s typical clients are medium sized companies with high growth and often with an international presence. While technology is his key industry of focus, he has experience managing transformational projects across the Pharma, Manufacturing and Retail sectors.
- Sourcing entire spend (IT and services – both internal and client facing – as well as Indirects) - Silicon Valley based SaaS provider: Supported the building of the procurement function
- Managing a savings and synergy-based post-merger programme for a SaaS company with an established procurement function: Expanded depth (e.g. more involvement in the demand management phase) and breadth (e.g. implementation and product partners, health benefits) of Procurement
- Leading a transformational sourcing project - Manufacturing client with over 20 sites in America, France and other EU countries: Consolidated the sourcing of Directs (PCBs & components, Machined Parts, High purity materials, etc.) and Indirects (Logistics sourcing and type review, IT, Travel)
- Opportunity Assessment - European Pharma client: Identified opportunities across Raw Materials (APIs), Packaging, and all Indirects, and implemented a Procurement Transformation resulting in double digit savings
- IT Sourcing Strategy and Execution - leading Research University in the Middle East: Sourced categories including InfoSec, IT Contingent Workforce, Circuits, etc. (in the framework of a Procurement Transformation)
- Sourcing and re-defining of supplier landscape and segmentation of the Logistics (FR and overseas) - France-based, cross-European Pharma client: including Fleet, IT categories and Marketing