Sushank has over 17 years’ experience advising c-suite level clients in global companies on strategic cost reduction and procurement transformation across a range of sectors but with a particular focus on financial services, communications and media, oil and gas, and aerospace and defence.
He specialises in the delivery of complex strategic sourcing programmes, opportunity assessments, procurement transformations, tail-spend management and supplier relationship management.
- Strategic Sourcing and Operational Cost Reduction: Originated and led the delivery of a large strategic cost reduction programme, sponsored by the group’s CFO, addressing an operating expenses cost base of over £1bn across various business functions. Generated £20m tangible cost savings in the first year through the strategic sourcing of indirect categories and developed a three-year phased roadmap to deliver an additional £50m benefits through operational efficiencies within the supply chain, retail process optimisation, customer service and marketing analytics. Defined and successfully piloted a cross-functional engagement model to drive sustainable benefits from strategic sourcing activities, with a focus on internal business stakeholder collaboration
- Strategic Cost Reduction – IT and Telecom: Led the strategic cost review of the bank’s global IT and telecom spend to identify 10-15% spend optimisation opportunities, which were agreed with the global COO. Delivered $100m benefits from the largest global telecom sourcing engagement, with over $700m addressable spend through optimisation of requirements and a competitive sourcing approach. Designed the global procurement organisational model aligned to the new cost management framework and defined the procurement capabilities and skillsets required to sustain benefits
- Tail-Spend Management – Global IT Company: Reviewed the tail spend of over 6,500 suppliers with $710m spend to identify and deliver opportunities to drive over $10m cost savings. Proposed and enabled an effective procurement operating model to address tail spend effectively going forward and to sustain the benefits.
- Global Oil and Gas Company: Led the strategic review of capital projects spend (over $1.2bn annually) involving complex services (engineering, construction and procurement) within a downstream business. Identified and delivered 10% cost savings of addressable spend by leveraging spend across regions, standardising ways of working and supply base consolidation
- Large Defence Manufacturing Group: Led a complex strategic sourcing programme influencing $500m spend across core direct categories for building naval ships including steel, cables, pipes and valves. Successfully achieved 30% cost savings of the first phase of addressable spend through spend rationalisation, driving a competitive sourcing process and operational efficiencies