Peter Weisse has been at Efficio since 2005. As Vice President and a member of the Management Team, he looks after a large number of clients and project teams, and also acts as a mentor supporting younger members of staff.
Main areas of practice
Peter works alongside Tim von der Decken to head Efficio's client and project business in Germany, which is continuously being developed further. At the same time, he looks after HR and recruitment alongside the Head Office in London, and, as a mentor, he supports and advises younger colleagues with their career planning and personal development.
Prior to Efficio Peter studied financial mathematics at the Technische Universität (Technical University) Berlin in Germany. His first career milestone was at IBM where he worked in IT and Finance for three years. Peter also worked for several years as a procurement manager in various multinational firms.
Peter's specialist areas lie chiefly in carrying out complex transformation programmes in procurement and supply chains, including cost reduction measures and process and organisational development. He possesses particularly broad experience in the Manufacturing industry, ranging from mechanical engineering to flooring, wind turbines, entire trains or complex electronic components such as mobile phones and tablets.
- A cost reduction programme and procurement process optimisation for a European wind turbine manufacturer: Potential analysis followed by restructuring of the procurement process, establishing expenditure transparency and carrying out a strategic procurement programme combined with training and coaching procurers
- Cost reduction programme and process/tool optimisation for the global market leader in rail transport technology: Competition-based restructuring of relationships with important suppliers and the introduction of a new process model, optimisation of processing and managing KPI sets for the procurement organisation and the Shared Service Center, on-going establishment and visualisation of overall expenditure
- Strategic procurement and organisation of a European printing group: Potential analysis with subsequent implementation of savings initiatives in Paper, Chemicals, Services, capex and packaging/logistics (interim CPO)
- Strategic procurement and organisation for a certification company with global reach: A strategic global procurement programme with a high degree of regional fragmentation in the areas of personnel services, travel costs, marketing/printing and project procurement
- (Outsourced) managed services for a British water utility company: Management of an integrated external procurement team of 40 people ranging across all expenditure groups e.g. MRO, engineering services, facility management, etc.