Patrick TraynorVice President
Patrick is a recognised leader in Procurement and Supply Chain. He has more than twenty years of experience helping clients across industries to optimise their Procurement and Supply chain performance, and enhance their value to the business.
Main areas of practice
Patrick specialises in Procurement Transformation, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Operational Improvement, Organisational Development and Supplier Performance Management.
Patrick has been helping organisations across industries improve performance in their procurement and supply chain functions for more than 20 years. Prior to joining Efficio, Patrick held leadership roles with ICG Commerce, Regan Advisory and A.T. Kearney.
Patrick holds a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Penn State University and an MBA in Finance from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
Patrick has helped clients achieve sustained results across a number of industries, including financial services, utilities, discrete and process manufacturing.
- Procurement Transformation – industrial manufacturer: Led a procurement transformation programme for a private equity-owned industrial manufacturer of compression equipment. This transformation programme focused on the design and development of a new global procurement organisation in parallel with a multi-wave strategic sourcing programme. The strategic sourcing programme focused primarily on direct materials/components and logistics, and exceeded the high end of projected savings. The programme also designed and helped staff a new strategic supply management organisation for the company
- Claims Sourcing and Supplier Management – general insurer: Led a claims sourcing and supplier management programme for a leading North American insurance provider. The programme addressed independent adjusters, legal services, auto crash repair and glass repair. The programme exceeded its savings target and resulted in an implemented supplier performance structure for major supply partners
- Procurement Transformation – electric and gas utility: Led a procurement transformation programme for an Anglo-American Utility which focused on the design and development of a new global procurement organisation in parallel with a comprehensive, multi-wave strategic sourcing programme. The strategic sourcing programme addressed aspects of spend, including construction services, power transformers and substation materials, gas materials, energy management services, fleet utilisation and most indirect categories. The sourcing programme yielded savings totaling $125 million in the first phase and an additional $95 million in the second phase. Capability building phase included developing and delivering a comprehensive strategic sourcing programme to 100+ procurement team members
- Strategic Sourcing Programme – building products manufacturer: Led supply transformation programme focused on all aspects of direct, logistics and indirect spend for a discrete manufacturer of building products. The programme included the design and implementation of a global supply management organisation, execution of a capability-building plan for the organisation and development and delivery of a strategic sourcing training programme to procurement professionals, stakeholders and executives, it yielded $48m in annual savings
- Strategic Sourcing – global specialty chemical company: Led multi-year sourcing/supply management transformation programme for a decentralised global specialty chemical company which included execution of a series of sourcing savings initiatives along with the development of a center-led supply chain organisation. The programme delivered annual savings in excess of $20m, center-led organisation delivering annualised savings in excess of $40m