Mert has 9 years’ experience in consulting and prior to Efficio he worked for leading international firms such as Rothschild. Alongside playing a key role for executing Efficio’s growth strategy, he helped the company to build unique expertise in Infrastructure, Utilities and Financial Services sectors by leading large Strategy and Procurement Transformation programmes across Europe, America and Asia.
Main areas of practice
Mert focuses on strategy formulation and execution, strategic sourcing (both direct and indirect cost categories), procurement transformation, opportunity assessment, insourcing/outsourcing, supplier relationship management, training and coaching.
Mert holds a master degree in Management from University of Warwick. He is fluent in English and Turkish.
Mert has served a number of blue chip clients across multiple industries including infrastructure, construction, utility, retail, financial services, manufacturing and private equity clients
- Managed Procurement Service – Insurance company, Scandinavia: Following a successfully delivered opportunity assessment managed a team 25 consultants and client team working on strategic and tactical sourcing initiatives focus on IT & Telecoms, Marketing, Professional Services, HR and Travel (spend £155m, savings 11%). Led the target operating model workstream and helped the client to develop the organisation design, recruit and upskill the team, and left behind a sustainable procurement organisation with the required tools implemented
- Procurement Transformation – Leading media company, Global: Managed a team of 12 including 7 consultants and the client team working on strategic and tactical sourcing initiatives around MICE, IT, trainers and travel categories. In parallel built a brand new procurement department including organisation design, recruitment, coaching/training, category planning, PMO, process and technology development and implementation activities (spend £55m, savings 11%). Worked closely with the COO and CFO
- Managed Procurement Service – Utility company, UK: Managed a team of 7 consultants working on end to end strategic and tactical sourcing initiatives on 12 capital assets and operations categories for the office of CPO and COO (spend £297m, savings >15%). Delivered various coaching and training sessions
- PMO - Leading international bank, Global: Developed a process to proactively sign off >£629m savings linked to thousands of initiatives across the whole organisation via robust stakeholder engagement and in-depth facts
- Opportunity Assessment – Leading insurance company, Nordics: Led an opportunity assessment across the Indirect categories including IT & Telecoms and developed the implementation programme for the Board (spend £155m)
- Strategy Development – Retail company, UK: Developed the construction and facilities management procurement strategy with a team of 8 including 4 consultants and the client team to deliver the targeted in-year savings for the office of CPO (spend: £338m)
- Strategic Sourcing – International university, Middle East: Acted as a PMO to manage facilities management tender programme including 8 categories (spend $1.3bn). Developed the RFP documents for the maintenance of campus and university town for a 15-year contract
- Strategic In-sourcing – Leading infrastructure company, UK: Worked for the office of CEO with a team of 8 and led an in-sourcing business case development project for the largest cost category; road surfacing (spend £160m, savings 15%). The recommendation has been successfully implemented in different regions
- Strategic Sourcing and Contract Management – Leading infrastructure company, UK: Led the national railway electrification tender within 6 different regions for a 5-year contract (spend £2bn, savings 16%). Developed the RFP pricing model by engaging more than 30 stakeholders which is also used as the contract management and forecasting tool. Implemented the same process to a similar tender due to successful delivery of the programme (spend £200m, savings >15%)
- Training, UK: Delivered strategic sourcing, category planning, RFP writing, RFP evaluation, negotiation, spend analysis and SRM trainings to more than 100 category managers