Melaye co-founded Efficio in 2000 with Alex Klein, Jens Pedersen and Juraj Priecel after beginning her career at A.T. Kearney. She oversees projects spanning several geographies to deliver breakthrough transformations of clients’ procurement and supply chain operations. She also is leading Efficio’s growth in France.
Main areas of practice
Melaye’s principal strengths lie in Procurement Transformation, Managed Services, Strategic Sourcing, Organisational Design and the Purchase-to-Pay Cycle.
Prior to joining Efficio, Melaye was a Manager at A.T. Kearney in London.
Melaye has an MBA from INSEAD, a Double Bachelor in Materials Engineering and Economics from Brown University, USA and an Economics Diploma from the University of Geneva.
She is fluent in English, French and her mother tongue of Amharic, and has a working knowledge of Spanish.
Typical clients are medium-sized companies often with an international sales and/or supply chain footprint, in sectors ranging from Financial Services to Manufacturing, Healthcare/Pharmaceuticals and Engineering.
- Opportunity Assessment – global engineering services provider: Led an in-depth review of the European procurement operations across direct and indirect spends. Developed category strategies, savings roadmap and quick-win programme to be launched in Q1 2016
- Procurement Transformation – global healthcare distributor: Implemented a multi-year programme across European operations of a wholesaler. The programme scope included Network Optimisation, Strategic Sourcing of transportation spend and the Goods-for-Resale strategy
- Procurement Transformation – global pharmaceutical company: Oversaw a multi-year client engagement project. This included driving a global indirects Sourcing programme, developing a Purchase-to-Pay core model, working with R&D to select CRO providers, and supporting targeted initiatives in Marketing and Outsourced Manufacturing
- Procurement and Supply Chain Programme – French materials distributor: Led the programme covering Goods-for-Resale Sourcing and Supply Chain. The project delivered sizeable savings through unit cost reduction, inventory management and order optimisation
- Managed Services – European port operator: Led a Managed Service engagement with a European port operator. Efficio manages all operational spend areas including Transportation, Capital Expenditure, Contract Labour and General Indirects. We recently concluded a high-profile transportation supplier partnership which not only reduces transportation costs but significantly improves quality and service to the end client of the port operator
Melaye oversees Efficio’s HR and People Development functions, ensuring the firm continues to attract the industry’s brightest talent.