Paul is a highly experienced procurement and local content practitioner. He has over 25 years of supply chain experience, working as a consultant to improve strategies, processes, systems and organisation to deliver bottom-line results.
Main areas of practice
Paul’s focus throughout his career has been on supply chain: specifically, delivering performance improvement in procurement. He has specialised in the design and delivery of local content programmes, based on his many years of experience in the oil, gas and extractives industries.
Paul has over 25 years of experience. As a consultant he has supported organisations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, primarily in the oil, gas, extractives and process-based industries. Paul has also worked for BP and Tullow Oil in supply chain performance improvement and project roles.
Paul has worked with global oil majors, such as Shell and BP, as well as smaller more regional organisation, including KOC, Statoil, and Tullow Oil. His experience extends to mining companies such as Rio Tinto and Ma’aden, as well as utility organisations including Transco, United Utilities, National Grid, and Thames Water.
- Local Content Development MENA – Paul led the team that developed and then implemented the new Local Content strategy and operating model for this Middle East mining company
- Procurement transformation Global – Paul led a team that developed a new organisation and operating model to improve the performance and cooperation of the global procurement organisation of this oil supermajor
- Supply Chain transformation Africa – Paul led a team that developed a new set of supply chain operating processes for this independent oil company operating across Africa. He then led the implementation of a new ERP system to support those processes
- Category management, sourcing and procurement capability development Global – Paul led a multifunctional team to drive a transformational programme at this global oil supermajor that developed new organisation, processes and capabilities in category management, as well as a programme of strategic sourcing that delivered bottom line savings
- Oil and gas
- Procurement strategy
- Local content
- Requisition to pay improvement
- Procurement systems
- Procurement organisation design