Dan co-leads Efficio’s public sector work, helping clients deliver value from procurement, supply chain and commercial improvement through strategy definition, implementation and results delivery. He joined Efficio in 2011, after starting his supply chain career in healthcare.
Main areas of practice
Dan specialises in tackling long-term challenges and implementing solutions across the full commercial cycle, supply chain and operations, advising senior clients on how to address the challenges they face. His focus is on delivering lasting impact through building capability alongside creating value. His expertise includes operating model design and implementation, strategic sourcing and category management, supply chain management, capability building and data and analytics.
Dan joined Efficio in 2011, following a period in supply chain in the healthcare sector. Since then, he has worked across multiple geographies and sectors – financial services, manufacturing, technology, customer service, education, and oil and gas – before increasingly focusing on the UK public sector, defence and infrastructure. He spearheaded Efficio’s work in the NHS's COVID-19 response, alongside leading the development of Efficio’s public sector services.
Dan supports clients – primarily in the public sector and infrastructure – in meeting their complex commercial and supply chain challenges, whether they be value/savings delivery, building functional capability, or tackling delivery challenges. He has worked with many central government departments, arms-length bodies, the NHS, and many utilities and infrastructure organisations, supporting them at different points in their commercial and supply chain maturity.
- Leading Efficio’s contribution to support the UK health sector in the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Establishing, developing, and operating the supply chain function for the national COVID-19 Vaccine Deployment Programme with NHS England, alongside building a lasting NHS supply chain capability
- Supporting and building the data and reporting infrastructure underpining that supply chain
- Working with the Department of Health to address the challenges facing PPE provision in the pandemic
- Supporting a tier 1 construction firm through a corporate turnaround
- Leading procurement and commercial transformation in the UK rail and utilities sectors – including operating model design, software implementation, and savings delivery
- Leading multiple complex outsourcing / insourcing programmes from strategy and operating model definition through to implementation
Dan's work in the pandemic response – including building and scaling up a vaccine deployment supply chain in a matter of weeks and scaling it up for purpose – demonstrates his ability to set up structures and capabilities at record speed. He also has extensive experience working with cross-government agencies and the Cabinet Office through supporting the DHSC in embedding programme management and governance into a major pandemic programme.