Christo has 20 years of procurement transformation experience gained with leading consultancy firms in South Africa and the UK. He delivers outstanding client service, driving numerous key client engagements, contributing to major sales targets and has played an integral role in supporting Efficio’s sustained growth to a global leader in Procurement.
Main areas of practice
Christo leads Procurement Transformation projects both large and smaller scale across multiple geographies and industry sectors. He has deep expertise in the full procurement spectrum (including opportunity assessments, strategic sourcing and target operating model design). His category experience includes both direct and indirect spend.
Christo graduated from the University of the Witwatersrand with a BSc in Mechanical Engineering in 1995. He is fluent in English and also has good Greek and Afrikaans.
- Procurement Transformation – interim CPO of FTSE 100 UK Insurance company: Designed and implemented new target operating and led Strategic Sourcing programme
- Procurement Opportunity Assessment – global knowledge & networking: Led the assessment for indirect and direct spend across Europe & USA. Designed new Procurement organisation
- Strategic Sourcing – global aviation operator: Led Strategic Sourcing programme across Europe and Asia-Pacific for direct (including Spare Parts and Maintenance) and indirect materials (including logistics)
- Strategic Sourcing – leading global bank: Led the Global Sourcing project covering multiple indirect categories: Learning (outsource), Temporary Labour, Global Mobility, and Creative and Media Buying agencies
- Strategic Sourcing – global financial services: Led the pan-European Sourcing of indirects. Categories included HR Services, IT Contractors and Equipment, Legal, Audit and Tax, Couriers/Transport and Office Supplies
- Procurement Opportunity Assessment – UK water utility: Led the Procurement Opportunity Assessment for all external spend (>£700 million, Capex and Opex). Developed individual Category Sourcing Opportunities and an Operational Excellence Assessment. Developed Procurement Transformation roadmap
- Procurement Opportunity Assessment and Strategic Sourcing – global biotech company: Responsible for project managing the Sourcing of marketing agencies (Creative and Medical Communications) and meetings incentives congresses and events totalling $150 million, a pan-European project across six countries. Also conducted Opportunity Assessment phase
- Strategic Sourcing – pan-European pre-insulated pipe manufacturer: Responsible for project managing the Sourcing of direct (Plastic, Metal Parts etc.) and indirect (e.g. HR, FM) materials
- Sourcing – surface heavy mining equipment: With capital spend of $2 billion over five years and annual operating costs of $540 million plus an annual $32 million on tyres, this included the spend of 27 mines spread across the globe
Christo gained experience in designing and implementing new Procurement Target Operating models while working as an Interim CPO of a FTSE 100 Insurance Company when it was undergoing a major Procurement Transformation. He also delivers strategic Procurement training on a global scale.
Clients (global and pan-European) include financial services, private equity-owned manufacturers, utilities, warehousing and transport, mining companies and retailers / distributors.
Get in touch
Christo enjoys understanding and experiencing the local cultures of places he visits. He is a sports fanatic, although these days it tends to be watching rather than playing!